Many of you maybe just entering the world of Minecraft and are just starting out. Or you could be just starting to get curious about all the different builds out there and want to play around on someones else-ls world. Below are directions for installing other world saves into your Minecraft along with using WorldEdit to place schematic files.
How to use a world / map you downloaded?
- Download the map file and extract it.
- Browse to your Minecraft Directory by pressing Windows key + r to open the run box. Paste %appdata%\.minecraft\ and press enter.
- A new folder window should of opened. You will see a folder called saves. Copy the extracted folder (the world save you downloaded) inside the saves folder.
- Open the new folder and check to make sure it has these folders in it, all right under “your_save.”
- Once they’re all there, close .minecraft and launch the actual game
How to use a .schematic file?
- Paste the .schematic file in your /plugins/worldedit/schematics/ folder on your Minecraft server.
- Load it in the game with the command “//schem load mcedit filename“, where “filename” is the file name without the .schematic extension.
- Now go where you want to place the schematic and paste it with the command “//paste“.
- If the schematic is badly placed, you can cancel it with the command “//undo“.
How to create a .schematic file?
- Select the zone you want to include in the schematic. Selection Tutorial
- Use the “//copy” command.
- Save it with the command “//schem save mcedit filename“, where “filename” is the file name without the .schematic extension.
- Your .schematic file is now located in /plugins/worldedit/schematics/ folder on your Minecraft server.