Voxel Play is a procedural, fast environment based on cubes plus a collection of tools to speed up your game development. It leverages highly optimized code, including GPU instancing, compute buffers and texture arrays, to generate beautiful, rich, vast infinite worlds which can be customized and extended in many ways.
Voxel Play provides an integrated solution for sky, terrain, water, vegetation, physics, world interaction, UI, inventory and more.
The goal for Voxel Play is to provide an easy to use but powerful and extensible rule-based voxel engine that fills the open spaces of your world while it allows you to edit any number of areas.
– Voxel Play works with Scriptable Objects to create world, biomes, voxels and model definitions. Each definition is a set of generation rules plus textures and sounds: a world is composed of several biomes which model the type and shape of terrain as well as the vegetation (bushes, trees, …).
– Define any number of worlds, biomes, models and voxels within the Unity Editor and model your world in interactive mode at runtime using the same interface (anything you modify gets saved).
– Activate the Constructor: a special area where you can define custom, reusable models (like trees or buildings) and stamp them massively according to biome rules.
– Comprehensive set of runtime events (ie. OnChunkBeforeCreate).
– Allows custom terrain generators.
– Plugable detail generators. Develop your own spawner class or reuse the provided examples, and add them to the world generator in the inspector.
– Full C# and shader source code included.
Geometry shaders, GPU instancing, compute buffers and other advanced rendering features are automatically disabled if the platform does not support them.
Ready to Use with Demo Scenes
Voxel Play comes with 5 demo scenes including lot of textures, sounds and predefined biomes and voxels you can use in your project.