We all knew in the back of our minds it would come to this but today LEGO officially launched their beta of LEGO Worlds. You can check it out on Steam and its currently going for $14.99 compared to Minecraft which is $26.95.
There are some key differences and to be fair this is currently an early access game so many changes will be made. Note this is currently only a single player game and does support a 3rd party controller if you wish to use one but they promise to bing multiplayer, stage-sharing, and pre-generated towns later!
Below is the games general description.
About This Game
EXPLORE. DISCOVER. CREATE.
LEGO® Worlds is a galaxy of procedurally-generated Worlds made entirely of LEGO bricks which you can freely manipulate and dynamically populate with LEGO models. Explore each World and unlock new discoveries: from cowboys and giraffes to vampires and polar bears, to steamrollers, race cars, and colossal digging machines! Use the multi-tool to shape environments and alter any World to your liking: raise the terrain to create vast mountain ranges, or enter the Brick-by-Brick editor to build anything you can imagine. Save your creations to build with them again. LEGO Worlds enables you to populate your Worlds with many weird and wonderful characters, creatures, models, and driveable vehicles, and then play out your own unique adventures. Probably not worth upsetting the Skeletons though…
LEGO Worlds is currently in Early Access, so be sure to keep coming back for news on updates and plans for future development, as well as discussions with the people behind the scenes.
Explore and Discover the Surprises within LEGO Worlds
• Uncover hidden treasures in environments that range from the fun to the fantastical.
• Make your worlds come to life with customizable characters, both friendly and fearsome
• Race, soar, zoom, and ride on a variety of vehicles and creatures from diggers and helicopters to horses and dragons
Create and Customize your own LEGO World
• Build any world you can imagine using the brick-by-brick editor tool and prefabricated LEGO structures
• Modify terrain quickly and easily with the multi-tool.
• Customize your characters in a wide variety of outfits and options.
• Play with a select number of real-life LEGO sets, taken from the Classic and current LEGO themes!
• Export your creations and save them to use again.
Expand your LEGO World
• More content, features, and new LEGO play sets to be added in future updates.
What are your thoughts?