Below are the very easy steps to running your own minecraft sever at home! Please note that you must have a good internet connection at home to allow more then 5 people I would say. Ohh and lots of RAM minecraft loves RAM! There are also a lot of server hostings, we have a quick guide of what you should look for the best option.
Below is a guide created by dreamer97 but we have modified it a bit to make it a little more user friendly and correcting spelling errors
- Visit Minecraft.net and download “minecraft_server.1.6.4.exe” (latest version at this time of writing)
- Open the “Run” window and enter “cmd”. To get to “run” either click in “start” then “accessories” or use the shortcut “Windows Key+R”.
- In the command prompt enter “ipconfig”. This will show you a lot of different information about your computers network details.
- Scroll down until you get to “IpV4 address” (It should look something like: 22.214.171.124). Save the last number(s) of it.
- In the the same window, now scroll down until you get to “Default Gateway” and copy the numbers (Example 126.96.36.199).
- Open your browser (Preferably Internet Explorer) and paste the “Default Gateway” numbers into the address bar .
- Now you should see a web page from your internet provider.
- Find and click advanced settings then port forwarding. Note all routers are different. (Guides here)
- Type whatever name you want.
- For start and end port, they have to be 25565 (just that)
- As protocol, choose TCP.
- In the IP address section, put only the last number(s) of your computer’s “IpV4 address”. The ones you got in the step 3.
- Open a new tab in your browser, go to Google and type “my ip”. Save this number (it’s your IP).
- Got to wherever you have the “minecraftserver.exe” file (downloaded in step 1) and execute it.
- This will launch minecraft.
- Click in multilayer and put your IP (step 13) and port 25565. It should look like this: yourip:25565
- That’s all! If you followed all the steps correctly you should be able to load your server 🙂
1 thought on “How To Create a Minecraft Server in PC?”
how do you install the plug-ins to the server? i have many problems with that part!