Built by: ilikecutepeople
After a month’s work, I present you Arendelle from the film Frozen
Firstly, i would like to thank my laptop who has been very patient and put up with my demands even though he blue-screened a few times back. Thanks buddy!
Secondly, Lemon-Fox for the tree bundle. Lastly, big thanks to Sillouete for his walkthrough of building a ship. It was a great help for me as i’m not too familiar with ships.
Trivia from Frozen
- The name ‘Arendelle’ is based on the Norwegian town of Arendal, located in county of Aust-Agder, in the southwest of the Norwegian capital, Oslo.
- In Norwegian, ‘Aren’ is possibly derived from ‘ørn’ which means “eagle”, and ‘delle’ is most likely derived from ‘dal’ which means “valley”.
- Another meaning for ‘Aren’ may be from Hebrew ‘Aaron’ which means “mountain of strength”.
- The crocus is a symbol of rebirth and spring. In cold regions, the flower blooms while snow is still on the ground.
- The eternal winter Elsa caused may be a representation about how in the northern reaches of Norway winter will last from 8-10 months.
- Reading further into the meaning of this kingdom’s name, it’s interesting to note that Walt Disney’s own great-grandfather was named Arundel Disney.